Join – Fees and Charges
|Disabled people, people over 60 yrs + 16-24||£10.80|
|Child (under 16)||FREE|
|Type of ticket||Monthly payment||Direct debit
(Must sign up 6 months)
|Must be a member||FREE MEMBERSHIP|
|Unlimited visits for a month||Unlimited visits for a year|
|Fitness room induction required||FREE Fitness room induction|
|Fitness rooms, fitness classes, public swimming and racket sports*|
*Squash and Badminton does not include under 16 years old.
**Off peak – 9am until 4pm weekdays and all day during the weekends.
^does not include children under 16 yrs
Note: Not all facilities are available in all centres
Swimming and fitness activities are essential elements of full lives. People choose to take part in social and leisure activities for enjoyment, health and relaxation. Sport and leisure activities enhance feelings and general well being. Byw’n Iach offers a disabled membership that will enable disabled customers to use facilities at a discounted rate.
What is available
- Swimming: Discounted swimming for juniors and adults within public swimming hours. Every pool offers 1 free session a week. Contact your local swimming pool for further information.
- Fitness Room: Discounted rate for the use of any Byw’n Iach Fitness Room. An induction is required for each individual fitness room.
- Court Hire: Discounts on e.g badminton courts or any main hall bookings. Contact the Leisure Centre for details of opening hours and availability.
Disabled members may be accompanied by up to two carers when participating in activities within Byw’n Iach Leisure Centres for free. (The induction fee for the Fitness Room still applies)
Disabled membership conditions
To be eligible for a disabled Byw’n Iach membership one of the following must be produced on completing the membership form:
- Disability Living Allowance (Must produce allowance book or notification)
- Attendance Allowance (Must produce proof of allowance)
- Disabled Tax Credit (Must produce entitlement letter)
- Employment Support Allowance / Incapacity Benefit
- Personal Independence Payments
Where can I get a card?
- Membership cards are issued from any Byw’n Iach Centre after a membership form has been completed.
- Lost, stolen or defaced card will be replaced at cost to the holder.
Use of card
The member must produce their membership card when attending or paying for the facility.
- Failure to do so will result in the standard rate being charged.
- Gwynedd Council and Byw’n Iach reserve the right to revise the conditions at any time.
- Changes to the conditions of use will be advertised at participating facilities 28 days before coming into effect.
The Information content about individual members is registered under the Data Protection Act 1984 and will not be disclosed to third parties.
For more information please contact your local centre.