Active For Life
- We have a great new range of low intensity fitness classes for all ages all over Gwynedd and online!
- Perfect for those looking to begin exercising, those recovering from injuries or who just want to try fitness classes for the first time.
- Be sure to book any sessions before you attend the centre.
- Below are descriptions and timetable for the classes. If you have any questions please get in touch.
- Byw’n Iach Arfon, Caernarfon – Friday– 10:00 – 12:00
- Byw’n Iach Bangor – Wednesday – 14:15 – 16:15
- Byw’n Iach Bro Dysynni, Tywyn – Thursday – 14:00 – 16:00
- Byw’n Iach Dwyfor, Pwllheli – Monday – 13:00 – 15:00
- Byw’n Iach Glan Wnion, Dolgellau – Tuesday – 10:00 – 12:00
- Byw’n Iach Glaslyn, Porthmadog – Monday – 09:00 – 11:00
- Byw’n Iach Pavilion, Barmouth – Monday – 10:00 – 12:00
- Byw’n Iach Penllyn, Bala – Tuesday – 14:00 – 16:00
- Byw’n Iach Plas Ffrancon, Bethesda – Tuesday – 10:00 – 12:00 / Wednesday 10:15 – 12:15
- Byw’n Iach Plas Silyn, Penygroes – Tuesday – 09:00 – 11:00
60+ Free Swim is also part of Actif For Life:
What activities are part of the Active for Life program?
Tai Chi Movemnet for Well Being
A series of moves and motions inspired by Tai Chi and Chi Kung without the complexity of the traditional form but focusing on physical and emotional health and well being. The movements can be done while sitting or standing and are simple and easy to learn. It’s easy to learn and great for body and mind.
Pilates is a form of exercise that focuses on body strength with an emphasis on core strength. This helps to develop general fitness and well being. Similar to Yoga, Pilates focuses on posture, balance and flexibility. It’s great for those who want to improve movement and strength, it can easily be adapted to all needs and instructors will help you tailor the exercises to your needs and abilities.
Light Strength Conditioning
A Strength Conditioning class includes a variety of movements and exercises designed to increase the heart rate. The name may sound intimidating, but don’t worry, these classes are designed for those starting out on this journey. It involves movements that increase blood circulation in the body and your overall strength.
60+ Free Swimming
Free Swimming Sessions for those over 60 years of age are available at all Byw’n Iach Swimming Pools. Swimming is a great, total body workout. Unlike other sports, swimming engages every muscle group and energy system! More information on our Free Swimming
According to new research by ‘Swim England’ the incidence of ‘coronavirus’ in leisure centres and gyms is very low. Byw’n Iach swimming pools, leisure centres and gyms follow strict guidelines for staying open, ensuring social distancing for staff and customers, proper ventilation throughout and comprehensive hygiene protocols.
Light Intensity Fitness Classes Online
Sign up to participate in the Online Classes
You can book your session in advance through our Online system or over the phone:
*it is important for you to get advice from you GP before you start exercising, especially if you have a specific health condition, injury or have not exercised for a long time.