Swimming sessions specifically for 0-3 year olds.
It is important to introduce babies and young children in a safe, positive, fun and developmental way to the water.
These sessions are an early opportunity for children to enjoy the water with a parent or guardian.
These sessions will begin your child’s journey to improving confidence and skills in the water and provide enjoyable experiences to set them up for a lifetime of swimming.
About the Session
Session – 30 minutes
Price – £5.30
Session designed for – 1 Child 0-3 yrs + 1 Parent / Guardian
Sessions available at:
- Byw’n Iach Arfon
- Byw’n Iach Bangor
- Byw’n Iach Bro Dysynni, Tywyn
- Byw’n Iach Glalsyn, Porthmadog
- Byw’n Iach Penllyn, Bala
- Byw’n Iach Dwyfor, Pwllheli
Benefits of Baby & Toddler Swimming
Swimming helps to improve co-ordination and balance. Babies who swim have tend to have a much better sense of balance and physical control on dry land
- Working all the muscles of baby’s body helps to make them stronger as they grow
- Swimming improves the strength of your child’s heart and lungs, and helps to develop their brain, reaction time, and co-ordination
- Swimming won’t necessarily make your baby sleep through the night every night, but the extra exercise will help to make them sleepier (and can help to burn off excess energy in toddlers!)
- Swimming can regulate baby’s appetite. The exercise and the warm water seems to help make a baby hungry, so make sure you have snacks and drinks for afterwards
- Some parents can unknowingly pass on their own uneasiness around water. Going in the water with your baby will help them grow up with confidence about being in and around water, and it can boost your own confidence too!
- Swimming provides quality bonding time for parent and baby. An unfortunate side-effect of busy lifestyles is that many parents wish they had more time with their children. In the pool, they have your undivided attention!
- Swimming is one of our nation’s best-loved family activities and many children say it is their favourite aspect of family time and creates wonderful memories