60+ Free Swimming
Free Swimming Sessions for those over 60 years of age are available at all Byw’n Iach Swimming Pools.
Free Swimming is part of the Active for Life programme. More information on Active for Life.
Benefits of regular swimming include:
- Improving your fitness – Swimming tones your entire body whilst improving cardiovascular conditioning, muscle strength, endurance, posture, and flexibility all at the same time. Swimming can help reduce high blood pressure too. Unlike other sports, swimming engages every muscle group and energy system!
- Low Impact Exercise – Swimming is a low risk activity as there is less stress on your bones, joints or connective tissues. If you’re looking for a safe form of exercise, swimming is ideal because you can workout with low risk of injury.
- Help to lose weight – If you’re looking to lose weight, swimming is the ideal exercise. A swimmer can burn as many calories in an hour as a runner who runs 6 miles in the same time.
- Stress reduction – Swimming is extremely relaxing because it allows more oxygen to flow to your muscles and helps to regulate your breathing. It’s also a great way to relieve stress.
To attend 60+ Free Swim at Byw’n Iach you need our Annual Membership Ticket.
Ticket Price: £ 11.50
To purchase an annual ticket: Contact Us
£3 per session if not a member
Free Swimming is available at the following centres:
- Byw’n Iach Arfon, Caernarfon
- Byw’n Iach Bangor
- Byw’n Iach Bro Dysynni, Tywyn
- Byw’n Iach Bro Ffestiniog, Blaenau Ffestiniog
- Byw’n Iach Dwyfor, Pwllheli
- Byw’n Iach Glaslyn, Porthmadog
- Byw’n Iach Penllyn, Bala