(until review 31 March 2022 – with potential / opportunities from April onwards at one of the centers in North Wales (Bethesda / Bangor / Caernarfon)
Full training available (and paid for) to develop into a variety of other jobs within the center!
Purpose of the Post:
- Promote and support a healthy way of living for those that use the Leisure Centre and the broader community.
- Ensure that those who visit the Centre can use it safely, offering customer care of high standard.
- Ensure that the people of Gwynedd are at the heart of everything we do.
- Responsibility for functions. e.g. staff, budgets, equipment
- Prepare equipment and facilities by setting equipment up and dismantling it as needed.
- Maintain cleaning registers and prepare facilities so that the public can enjoy them safely.
- Handle money and help with the running of the Leisure Centre’s booking system
- Main Duties:
- Introduce activities programmes in a motivational and inspirational method as agreed by the Area Manager.
- Ensure that the induction procedure in the gym is of high standard and motivate customers to return to the Centre regularly.
- Promote the Centre’s fitness packages to the customers as well as converting initial conversations with customers into sales.
- Engage with the customers in order to identify their objections and their wishes as well as following a healthy lifestyle.
- Support the customers through a number of methods to motivate and inspire them to live healthily.
- Engage with the customers and prospective customers in order to identify which marketing techniques are most effective to use.
- Undertake reception responsibilities as required
- Ensure a high standard of customer care, promoting the relationship between the Centre and the customer on every occasion.
- Ensure that the Centre’s cleanliness is of high standard, in accordance with the Centre’s guidelines.
- Ensure that the public are supervised safely in a polite and courteous way.
- Ensure the prosperity of the Centre by offering feedback and new ideas on how to improve the service.
- Engage with the customers that are on special programmes within the Centre, e.g NERS, in order to ensure that the continuity path after completing the programme is a smooth one for the customer.
- Promote the Welsh language within the Centre by using the language as the first language in the workplace.
- Responsibility for self-development.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety rules in the workplace in accordance with the responsibilities noted in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Company’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Operate within the Company’s policies in relation to equal opportunities and equality.
- Responsible for managing information in accordance with the Company’s information management guidelines. Ensure that personal information is treated in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
- Commitment to reducing the Company’s carbon emissions in accordance with the Carbon Management Plan, and to encourage others to act positively towards reducing the Company’s Carbon Footprint.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty which corresponds to the salary level and responsibility level of the job.
- Responsibility to report any worry or suspicion that a child or vulnerable adult is being abused
- Special Circumstances. e.g. the need to work unsociable hours, special working arrangements etc.
- Take part in the Centre’s Training Scheme when required and be responsible for updating qualifications in order to ensure that they are concurrent.
- The post-holder should be flexible about work pattern/shifts.
- There will be a need to work shifts including work in the evening and on weekends.
- An additional allowance will be paid when providing fitness/swimming sessions.
- The directorate operates a continuous training and personal skills development programme. An Appraisal Plan will be implemented in order to contribute towards this provision. The post-holder will be expected to participate in the programme.
- The ability to motivate others
- A mindset to be able to ‘see their work’, instead of waiting for directions.
- Customer care of high standard
- Willing to learn and keep an open mind
- The ability to work effectively within a team
- The ability to work independently under limited supervision
- Enthusiasm to want to contribute towards the centre’s activities, offering fitness classes/activities.
- Must be 16 years of age or over
Qualifications And Relevant Training*
- A good standard of general education.
- BTEC (or equivalent) in Sport Science/Leisure/Health and Social Care
- *Full training will be provided from Byw’n Iach
- 9th Additional national pool lifeguard qualification
- Pool Plant Qualification
- Swimming Teaching Qualification
- Good standard of swimming ability
- Previous experience of working in the field of leisure/sports/health.
Skills And Specialist Knowledge
- Numeracy and literacy skills of a good standard
- Broad knowledge of health and fitness in order to be able to communicate this with customers
- Exceptional customer skills
- Good selling skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Information about Motivational Interviewing
Listening and Speaking – Intermediate
Able to maintain a fluent conversation on a number of various everyday subjects, and discuss cases involving the field of work. Able to follow a discussion in Welsh, in Clear Welsh, on familiar matters relating to the post. Able to contribute to the conversation and answer questions.
Reading and Comprehension – Foundation
Read and understand simple messages and information leaflets associated with the post through the medium of Welsh and English, and understand short and simple reports on familiar subjects.
Writing – Foundation
Able to complete simple forms and compose a letter or short e-mail through the medium of Welsh and English by using a number of familiar phrases in order to convey a simple message.
Closing Date: 16.00, FRIDAY, 29/10/2021
For more information Contact:
Markwilliams@bywniach.cymru or email@example.com
Phone number: 01248 370600
The Council will request a Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.
If you are successful to be short listed for an interview you will be contacted by E-MAIL using the address provided on your application form. You need to ensure that you check your email regularly.