Job Title: Yoga Instructor
Location: Byw’n Iach Dwyfor / Byw’n Iach Glasyn / Byw’n Iach Plas Silyn
Salary: £20,043 – £21,696
Contract: 12 hours per week available from the start – with opportunity to increase hours
Gwynedd Council offers an attractive employment package, for more information please click on this Information Pack
Gwynedd Council operates internally through the medium of Welsh, and offers all its services bilingually. The applicant will be required to reach the linguistic level noted in the Person Specification.
We encourage everyone who applies for a job with Gwynedd Council to submit job applications in Welsh or bilingually.
(Applications submitted in English only or Welsh only will always be treated equally, but we ask applicants to consider carefully what the linguistic requirements of the job in question is and if it would be more appropriate to submit an application in Welsh.)
For further information about this post please contact Guto Williams; email@example.com on 07956683406.
The Council will request a Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.
If you are successful to be short listed for an interview you will be contacted by E-MAIL using the address provided on your application form. You need to ensure that you check your email regularly.
- The ability to work independently.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Flexible, punctual, friendly and enthusiastic,
- Commitment to equal opportunities (able to adopt Insport recommendations into activities).
- A positive attitude towards Yoga, health and fitness and the ability to motivate others
QUALIFICATIONS AND RELEVANT TRAINING
- Yoga Qualification – Minimum 200hrs
- YTT (Yoga Teacher Training)
- CYT(Certificate Yoga Teacher)/RYT(Register Yoga Alliance)
- Complete Every Three Years 45hrs of Teaching and 30hrs of Training
- First Aid Qualification including CPR – 1 Day Course
- Level 3 GP Referral Qualification (GP referral)
- Nutrition Qualification
- On Register of Exercise Professionals
- Degree relating to Sports, Health or Fitness.
- Defibrillator Training
- 3 Day Course – First Aid Qualification.
- Experience of working in a leisure centre or a specialist fitness centre.
- Complete every 3 Years 45hrs Learning and 30 Hours of Training
- Experience of successfully running relevant Yoga classes.
- Experience of planning a series Yoga classes.
- Experience of adapting Yoga sessions to meet the needs of a variety of ability and fitness levels.
- Experience of 1:1 Yoga Sessions
- Experience of training groups that have special needs or a substantial range of ages, experiences or skills.
- Experience of Risk Assessment systems
SKILLS AND SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE
- Possesses excellent motivational skills.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to be flexible and creative when solving problems.
- Good Information Technology skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office programmes and popular social media.
- Valid driving licence and use of a car.
- Awareness of data protection protocols.
- Be able to design personalised Yoga programs
- Listening and Speaking – Intermediate Level
Able to maintain a fluent conversation on a number of various everyday subjects, and discuss cases involving the field of work. Able to follow a discussion in Welsh, in Clear Welsh, on familiar matters relating to the post. Able to contribute to the conversation and answer questions.Reading and Understanding – Foundation Level
Read and understand simple messages and information leaflets associated with the post through the medium of Welsh and English, and understand short and simple reports on familiar subjects.
Writing – Foundation Level
Able to complete simple forms and compose a letter or short e-mail through the medium of Welsh and English by using a number of familiar phrases in order to convey a simple message.
Purpose of the Post
- Ensure that the people of Gwynedd are at the heart of everything we do.
- Contribute as a team member towards the provision of Yoga classes as part of our successful fitness programme across a range of Byw’n Iach company centres.
- Ensure that the programme meets the requirements of residents with regard to quality.
- Ensure that the programme is implemented in an effective and sustainable manner for the company
Responsibility for functions
- Sports and Fitness Equipment – ensure that it is safe and suitable to be used before and throughout every session
- Finance – check that the number of people attending activities adhere to the Gladstone recording system with regard to payments and bookings.
- Systems – suitable use of relevant equipment and software (e.g. Pulse / Learn 2/ Gladstone)
- Staff – mentor and supervise casual staff, new staff, apprentices or volunteers during the practical sessions
- Ensure the health and safety of the users who attend fitness classes / personal training programmes including the completion of risk assessments.
- Contribute to the work of planning and reviewing the programme across a number of Byw’n Iach centres.
- Plan and lead a wide range of Yoga classes and individual sessions for Byw’n Iach customers, e.e. ‘Parent and Child/Babies ‘Actif Am Oes’, General Yoga and advanced sessions’, These may include purely practical sessions or sessions involving promoting an understanding of health and well-being.
- Plan programmes and hold sessions according to the need on Byw’n Iach sites at the request of customers, e.g. on local school sites for groups of pupils
- Hold assessments that are relevant to the field and adjudicate awards/certifications where appropriate.
- Create relevant resources in the field which are for the use of the team or for promotion purposes, e.g. session plans, educational resources, resources for the programme, case studies, videos, blogs.
- Contribute towards arranging special events in your field, e.g. courses, holidays, open days, etc. and also complete appropriate risk assessments.
- Work closely with the company’s marketing officers in order to promote and advertise the Yoga Programme
- Advise managers of the equipment needs for the programme activities
- Responsibility for self-development.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety rules in the workplace in accordance with the responsibilities noted in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Council’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Operate within the Council’s policies in relation to equal opportunities and equality.
- Responsible for managing information in accordance with the Council’s information management guidelines. Ensure that personal information is treated in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
- Commitment to reducing the Council’s carbon emissions in accordance with the Carbon Management Plan, and to encourage others to act positively towards reducing the Council’s Carbon Footprint.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty which corresponds to the salary level and responsibility level of the job.
- Responsibility to report any concern or suspicion that a child or vulnerable adult is being abused
The need to work outside normal working hours will be part of the basic requirements of the post, e.g. evenings and weekends. There will also be a requirement to work on a number of various sites.